Face coverings are now required on LIFT
Face coverings are now required on all public transit vehicles, including LIFT. Scarfs, bandanas and fabric masks are all okay, so long as they cover your nose and mouth.
If you do not have a face covering, your operator will provide one for you and anyone riding with you. Riders will not be transported without a face covering or a medical exemption to the requirement.
If you are not feeling well, have a fever of 100.4° or higher, a cough, suspect you have been exposed to COVID-19 or have a confirmed case of COVID-19, please cancel your upcoming trips.
Read more about the measures we’re taking to ensure the safety and cleanliness on LIFT
LIFT recognizes the increased need for safe practices with the community we serve. Here’s what we’re doing to ensure the safety and cleanliness of our vehicles for customers and staff:
- Limiting capacity on-board vehicles to accommodate 3 ft. social distancing between passengers.
- LIFT vehicles are disinfected every four hours and sanitized nightly.
- Operators are required to wear a face covering at all times. Hand sanitizer is available on-board every LIFT vehicle.
- Hand sanitizer is available on-board every LIFT vehicle starting May 22.
- Operators have biohazard collection bags for any masks left unattended in the vehicle, as well as disposal of their gloves in between each boarding customer.
- Supplemental service providers (like taxi cabs) are held to the same standard of safety as TriMet. Because social distancing cannot be accommodated in a taxi, Broadway Cab has installed plexiglass separation barriers in each vehicle. Broadway Cab is also disinfecting vehicles after each customer and requiring drivers to wear face coverings. Masks will be provided to Broadway Cab to distribute to LIFT riders and their riding companions.
What customers can do to help limit the spread of COVID-19
- Only travel for essential trips.
- Avoid travel if you are not feeling well.
- Bring a face covering or mask with you when you ride and wear it from the time the operator meets you at your door, until you are no longer in contact with other people..
- When possible, maintain an appropriate physical distance your operator.
- Thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water and avoid touching your face.
If you have questions about how LIFT is handling safety and vehicle cleaning, please contact LIFT customer service at 503-962-8000 option #2.
Background on LIFT
About LIFT Service
Information about when and where LIFT service is available, trip pick-up windows and the experience of using shared ride paratransit.
Accessibility on TriMet
Our stops, stations and vehicles have accessibility features that help make traveling easier for seniors and people with disabilities.
How to start riding
Fares and Hop Fastpass on LIFT
A list of valid fares and information about using Hop Fastpass on LIFT.